Pixar's The Good Dinosaur is set to release November 25, however, this movie has been plagued with dificulties. Previously Pixar replaced original director Bob Peterson (co-director of Up) as well as annouced the story was getting revampd, and had also made it part of the movie reshuffling of several Pixar and Disney films. Now, Pixar has replaced the voice cast, except for Frances McDormand.
The new cast is:
- Raymond Ochoa (The Night Shift) – Arlo, the Apatosaurus
- Jeffrey Wright (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay) – Poppa, Arlo’s father.
- Steve Zahn (Rescue Dawn) – Thunderclap, the Pterodactyl
- AJ Buckley (Justified) – Nash, a Tyranosaurus Rex
- Anna Paquin (True Blood) – Ramsey, a Tyranosaurus Rex
- Sam Elliott (Justified) – Butch, a Tyranosaurus Rex
- Frances McDormand (Fargo) – Momma, Arlo’s mother
- Marcus Scribner (black-ish) – Buck, Arlo’s brother
- Jack Bright (Monsters University) – Spot, Arlo's Human friend
Pixar has replaced actors before but this is the first time they've cast a film, replaced a director, recorded, scrapped almost the entire cast, and redone the story along the way. Hopefully the movie will make it out the door and be as good as the hits we've come to expect from Pixar, but the way things are going I'm beginning to wonder if it will end up getting scrapped all together.