Testing has been going on for months and for some pieces over a year now for select guests and select resorts. We discussed it’s pieces and some of the testing a while back here. Disney is now expanding the test resorts to slowly include all the Walt Disney World Resorts. This move will pull all guests checking to testing resorts to getting a MagicBand and access to FastPass+. Resorts already testing should start including all guests if they haven’t already for check-ins and a new set of resorts will be added each week.
- September 30: Bay Lake Tower, Kidani Village, Port Orleans French Quarter, Grand Floridian, and All Star Movies.
- October 7: All Star Sports, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, and Caribbean Beach Resort.
- October 14: All Star Music, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
- October 21: Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and Saratoga Springs.
- October 23: Grand Floridan Villas.
The Villas at the Grand Floridian will be the last resort needing to roll out before the official launch December 1. The system will still be in testing and unless the add it on before then, they will still need to add it for guests staying off-site as well as DVC & Annual Passholders that have not stayed at a testing resort during the testing periods. I will be trying out the system myself mid-October and will be able to tell more about how well it’s working then.