The first phases of the Downtown Disney transformation into Disney Springs are well under way and soon the first wave of store openings will begin. These will take place in the former Pleasure Island section, dubbed The Landing District, which is between the Marketplace and The West Side. Already announced are new restaurants Morimoto Asia and The Boathouse, with more stores and restaurants announcement to be revealed in the relatively near future. However, we also now have a set of stores that will be opening in the next few weeks.
- APEX by Sunglass Hut: APEX offer a range of high end sunglasses.
- Art of Shaving: A high end grooming and shaving store.
- Chapel Hats: All about hats and headwear.
- Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC: Remember Babycakes NYC? They've rebranded and are back with a new store by the creator of Babycakes offering gluten-free vegan baked goods. As a side note I can't wait to check out their new store, Babycakes was my favorite stop in Downtown Disney.
- Havainas: Design your own flip-flops or shop for designer ones.
- Sound Lion: Offering a range from headphones to music players to speakers.
- Sanuk: Assorted shoes with the motto “never uncomfortable.”